A Geographer Looks at EdTech - Part 1 - the iPad
Esri Announces Significant Upgrade to Educational Site License
Going One Better on Google's University Mapping Contest
A Look at Esri's SpatiaLABS GIS Lab Projects
A Phd Candidate Argues Against ArcGIS
Help! How do I use iPads to Teach AP Human Geography
Flipping Bloom's Taxonomy in Geography/GIS
Central Pennsylvania Geospatial Technology Center to Support Experiential GIS Learning
Integrating Top Tech Skills for Students in GIS/Geography Coursework
NEARC Educators Day 2012: Successes but Challenges Ahead
- The widespread use of Esri technology likely skews the results.
- While Esri provides lots of details about licenses and new education products, readers come here for that information and/or opinion on them.
- Educators are interested in iPads. The sad truth about the plea for help? I saw no responses to this fellow's query here or on any blog!
- Few education journalists or journalists in general followed up on the Central PA Center. To date I believe I was the only one.
- Other conference coverage on the blog, besides the coverage of NEARC Educators Day, also received significant page views. I think GIS/geography educators are anxious to learn from one another, but few if any of those educators blog about or otherwise summarize what they learn at GIS/geography or education events. So, for example, I saw no coverage at all of the huge NCGE, save press releases and photos.